Minoa.info

In Finnish

Author Topic: Courgette patties  (Read 4965 times)

Offline podilato

• View Profile
Courgette patties
« on: June 14, 2011, 09:02:48 PM »
Or kolokithokeftedes as they say in Crete. This is on old family recipe from Rethymno, Crete.

Grated courgette or squash. Mint, chopped up into small pieces, grated onion, salt, pepper, oregano, two eggs, a little semolina or ground rice or bread crumbs. Both fine semolina and the coarser, flour, grated cheese.

Mix the grated courgette with the grated onion, then drain it of any liquid. Mix all the ingredients together and shape onto small patties. Fry until brown.

I have not tried this recipe but I have eaten those and they were really good, especially in the tavern Sisi, in Misiria Rethymno.

omarromero

Re: Courgette patties
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 10:35:34 AM »
The recepie sounds very yummy. Don't worry if you have not tried it,i will share my experience with you when  i will make and eat it.

Offline Juhani

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 05:01:59 PM »
We have (or my wife has) made these here in Finland and it is one of the best food recipes you can bring with you from Crete.

Offline podilato

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 06:01:36 PM »
I have not tried these because I try to use only organic ingredients in my cooking and I have not found organic courgettes from local shops, pity, I know. Nikos's sister Maria, in Rethymno, made a huge amount of these and gave more than ten to me and I enjoyed eating them (not all at one go), they were so good.

jeffjones

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 10:56:59 AM »
I have tried it at home and it too delicious. My entire family liked the dish very much.